Salary £40000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits package
Consultant Andy Ward
Date posted 25 November 2016
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery. We are looking for talented Business Analysts to join our E Trading Team based from our Halifax office. The role will be paying £40,000 - £50,000 plus an excellent benefits package.
We work with 8 of the top 10 UK insurers, 4 of the top 10 global insurers and over 40% of UK brokers. Our broking technology processes transactions worth over £5 billion gross written premium and our teams are responsible for developing and delivering some of the most cutting edge software in the insurance market. By helping our customers to define their requirements, SSP map the journey and build the solution.
What being a Business Analyst with SSP will involve:
As a Business Analyst you will be responsible for gathering information from our customers and translating this into system level functional and non-functional requirements. You will use your experience of understanding and applying an application development methodology and contribute to the production of the deliverables required at each stage of the project life cycle.
From identifying solutions to business issues and providing input to project estimates through to supporting our customer(s) during acceptance and implementation of the solution you will be a key member of the development team. With your experience of Client implementation and installation processes you will be developing, writing and executing system test scripts and participate in internal quality reviews.
You will prepare system documentation and work closely with Solution Architects, Software Developers and Testers to ensure that our software is of the highest quality.
Based from our Halifax offices, there may be travel across the UK with ad hoc requirements to undertake international travel.
What experience we look for from you:
- Knowledge of the Insurance industry and its processes and procedures gained through direct experience
- An aptitude for analysing application problems, ideally using a formal analysis methodology, and the building of solutions
- Experience in working to strict deadlines, both individually and as part of a team
- Quality understanding of at least one phase of the development life cycle plus an understanding of how phases of the development life cycle are related
- Knowledge of SQL & XML
- Have an understanding of entity-relationship diagrams
- Knowledge of process mapping, data mapping and the development of data flow diagrams
- Good interpersonal skills for written, oral and face to face communications
- Knowledge of general insurance principles such as underwriting, claims, accountancy and re-insurance
Please click to apply for this Business Analyst opportunity.