Business Analyst Fraud Prevention
Consultant Sasheena Campbell
Date posted 09 November 2016
We are currently looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join a well established financial services company for an exciting 6 month contract based either in Edinburgh or Central London.
About the Business Analyst Fraud Prevention role:
You will be responsible for working alongside the Fraud and Payments team to deliver a number of Fraud prevention initiatives. As an experienced Business Analyst you will be expected to have strong stakeholder management skills and a good knowledge of fraud applications.
The day rate that will be paid for this Business Analyst Fraud Prevention position will vary dependent on the individuals level of experience.
Duties of the Business Analyst Fraud Prevention:
- Liaising between departments to gathering requirements and feeding these back to the fraud team
- Monitor current payments methods and suggest recommendations of new methods to enhance current fraud prevention
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Data Security Standard (DSS) understanding
Business Analyst Fraud Prevention experience required:
- Experience of managing online fraud and knowledge of tools and techniques to identify and manage fraud
- Minimum of 4 years Business Analyst experience
- Financial Services background
If this opportunity is of interest then please forward your CV and availability to email@example.com or call for more information 0121 260 2528.