Salary £60000 - £80000 per annum
Consultant Max Johnson
Date posted 20 September 2016
A leading global investment bank based in London is seeking a data scientist for their growing central function. The division is in place to deliver data analytical solutions to various divisions within the Investment Bank. This is the go to department within the organisation, operating across the front, middle and back office for all analytical project requirements. As such, you will gain vast financial services exposure, rather than being segmented into one particular area.
Key responsibilities as a Data Scientist:
- Lead the creation of a highly innovative advanced analytics team, owning relationships with key information owners and technology leaders to innovate, design, build and test applications that deliver analytical and predictive content, combining commercial, analytical and technological expertise.
- Support senior stakeholders to devise innovative information products.
- Lead complex data analysis to understand challenges and scope work.
- Build advanced analytical tools to generate insight, recognise patterns and predict behaviour.
- Lead work with technical teams, architects, designers, and administrators to overcome technical challenges.
- Contribute to the development of the Data Science team through leadership and coaching.
- Be a recognised expert for Big Data and pattern recognition technologies across the organisation.
- Contribute to a vision of how to use Big Data to build long-term strategies for the bank.
- Actively seeks out opportunities for using innovative analysis to identify commercial opportunities
Key skills required:
- 5+ years industry experience operating in analytics, modelling or software development.
- Masters degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Strong coding/software development skills.
- Experience applying machine learning techniques.
- Understanding and experience of using Big Data technologies.
Preferred technology experience required:
- Scala, Python, Java
- SQL, R, Matlab
- Apache Spark, Hadoop
You must be a passionate data scientist with a desire to work in the banking sector. In return, you will be part of a very experienced, talented team that has extensive access to almost every team and division within the bank.
If you are interested in the role, contact me on 02075098968 for more information. Alternatively, apply to the role online.