Salary £55000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits
Consultant Max Johnson
Date posted 20 September 2016
A leading global investment bank based in London is seeking a data scientist for their growing financial crime division. The division is in place to deliver data analytics solutions to regulatory and business critical requirements. Terrorism, human trafficking and MSP’s are all portals through which financial crime is committed and, this team is in place to be at the forefront of all preventative measures put in place by the bank.
As the sole data scientist within the team, you will be the subject matter expert and will be tasked with upskilling your colleagues. You will play a critical role in the consolidation of a Hadoop structure and learn about the requirements around financial crime prevention.
- Help to build the data analytics capability within the business function
- Utilise internal and external data to undertake risk reviews on:
- Customer segments
- Financial crime typologies
- Working as a point of contact within the business in conjunction with national crime agencies
- Develop advanced rule based models based on the rich sources of data available
- Support the delivery of the next generation of analytics within the bank through the development of statistical models
- Provide data subject matter expertise
- Build out of a pioneering capability that is very new to the financial crime industry
- Challenge existing processes and deliver analytically focused ideas in a sensible manner to senior management
Your skills will include:
- Subject matter expert in data with a proven track record in transforming raw data into meaningful, actionable insight
- Expert SQL skills with experience of statistical modelling tools
- Experience in statistical modelling and big data technologies (Hadoop/Spark)
- Several years experience in utilising analytical tools for data exploration, analysis and visualisation
- Computer science or statistical based degree
This is a great opportunity to join what is a very new, progressive area of the bank, as the expert data scientist. Furthermore, financial crime is without doubt the area of key focus within financial services given world events. Having met and understood what the hiring manager is seeking I can say that this is a very exciting role for a talented data scientist.
If you are interested in the role, contact me on 02075098968 for more information. Alternatively, apply to the role online.