BI Analysis & Design Manager
Salary £57,000 - £63,000 per annum + 15% Bonus
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 10 May 20192019-05-10 2019-07-09 it Gloucester Gloucestershire GB GBP 57000 63000 63000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A Global Blue Chip currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced BI Manager to join their established but rapidly expanding Data Warehousing Practice.
The Data Warehousing Practice is crucial as it is the primary source of data for Senior Management Team.
The current BI Team consists of 50 individuals, with plans to grow exponentially over the next 6-12 Months. This will offer a huge opportunity for career progression within this timescale.
This role will also offer Agile Working, with 2 days at home per week.
- Responsible for the line management, career development and promotion of best practice for a team of technical business analysts who are responsible for delivering functional designs for enhancing the Mortgages & Savings Data Warehouse.
- Responsible for leading the end to end delivery of change projects to the Data Warehouse through managing a small multi-disciplined BI delivery team comprising of a Business Analyst, BI Developer and a Test Analyst.
- In addition to people management experience, the role also requires excellent planning and organisational skills, the ability to deliver change within agreed timescales, strong stakeholder management and a good understanding of a technical data warehouse environment.
- This role will work collaboratively with the other colleagues in the data warehousing team, and ideally requires the ability to work across all stages of the development lifecycle when required.
- To manage the A&D team supporting their career development and well-being
- To coach the A&D team promoting the adoption of best practice
- To deliver change projects to agreed time, quality and cost criteria with modest guidance and supervision, ensuring that risks and issues are effectively managed.
- To ensure appropriate Project and Data Governance controls are followed for all solutions
Key Knowledge and Experience
- Proven people management experience
- Proven project management experience
- Proven experience in data analysis, including being able to query data using SQL
- Proven experience of data modelling (relational & dimensional modelling)
- Proven experience of functional ETL design
- Good knowledge of the full project lifecycle and project management tools like Jira.
- Good knowledge of data warehouse and business intelligence tools and technologies.
- Preferably some experience in Oracle PL/SQL
**Should the above be of interest, please message me asap to receive a more detailed job specification**