Salary £70,000 - £90,000 per annum + Competitive bonusFULL_TIME
Consultant Lucy Cova
Date posted 29 October 2018 2018-10-292018-12-28 financial-services UK
This position offers the opportunity to join a well-established team working within a mulinational company based in the Investment Banking sector. Responsibilities for the role include building and improving predictive models using machine learning techniques, as well as working with stakeholders to identify gaps and create solutions through Data Science and recommending ideas to businesses when data is available through predictive algorithms.
You will be expected to work as a team in building innovative tools that leverage both human and artificial intelligence within Investment Banking. Currently going from prototype to production, this is an exciting time to join the data science team.
- Maintenance of the data analytics capability through calibrating the metrics and improving the framework of their innovative platform.
- Build/improve predictive models using statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Work with the other teams to implement algorithms/visualisations you created.
- Design, analyse and interpret business hypothesis and explore data sets through using available tools.
- Recommend ideas to businesses when data/results is available through good visualisations / predictive algorithms.
- Assist users to understand the data science principles and when needed provide an explanation for the model behaviour and possible correcting actions.
- Work with stakeholders to identify gaps and create solutions through Data Science
To be considered for this opportunity you must demonstrate the following:
- At least a MSc with excellent academic results in Computer Science or Software engineering and experience in Artificial Intelligence. Alternatively, a degree in Stats/Math with deep experience in production-grade software development and preferably in machine learning implementations.
- Knowledge in regards to machine learning techniques and willingness to keep the knowledge up-to-date. You have an in-depth understanding of algorithms like Random Forests, Neural Networks, MCMC and reinforcement learning. You don’t let your friends do a grid-search.
- Experience with engineering tools like Docker / OpenShift / Kafka.
- You like working with tools such as Scala, Spark and Hadoop, though extensive experience with this is not necessary at the start.
- Experience in working in an agile/scrum environment
For further information on this opportunity please contact Lucy Cova on +447557169828. Or alternatively, you can email them on email@example.com.