Head of Data & Analytics
Salary £80,000 - £100,000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Marcus Blackburn
Date posted 25 October 2018 2018-10-252018-12-24 financial-services UK
Our client is an International market-leading professional services firm looking to strengthen its leadership team with the recruitment of a talented Head of Data & Analytics. This is a newly created position reports to the Chief Operating Officer ("COO") where the role holder will be tasked with building a high performing data and analytics centre of excellence for client financial and operational reporting focusing initially on the UK and expanding to a global cross service line offering. The remit will extend across; • maintaining and developing external client relationships. • bringing innovation through analytics to our client offerings and operational delivery. • tender support and contract mobilisation. • governance and compliance. • data strategy, data structure and platform infrastructure. You will provide the strategic leadership on all aspects of client data and analytics, ensuring alignment with the business’ vision and objectives and evangelise data enabled decision making and insight.
Key responsibilities and experience required for the role include:
• Management and review of the existing UK MI team with a view of future structure to support a global analytics offering.
• Ensure the accuracy, integrity and availability of data and analytics services to deliver client contractual reporting, value added analytics for client account meetings and tender support across UK and global offices.
• Ensure documented MI process, guides, checkers, checklists, process change registers in place and maintained for all client accounts.
• Work with senior stakeholders to drive a culture of data compliance and integrity, recognising data as a corporate asset.
Business Improvement and Change Management
• Involvement in business improvement/ change projects from a client MI requirement, service delivery and efficiency perspective.
• Identify and develop new MI initiatives and products that differentiate service offering and that also align to clients strategies and objectives.
• Experience of shaping IT systems and business processes to produce enhanced data and analytics to drive
improved business performance.
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, BI tools such as Tableau/ Qlik and manipulation of large datasets a
People and Team
• Experience in leadership and mentoring a team of professional analysts.
• Proactive, and willingly supports colleagues.
Business Development and Client Relationships
• Experience identifying and driving business solutions through influence and collaboration.
• Ability to implement strategic initiatives and engage teams across all ranges of support and operational
Finance and Practice Management
• Ability to access and interpret financial systems and data, with extensive experience of financial analysis and reporting.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with the finance team and has the skill set to reconcile practice management and case management systems.
The ideal applicant will be degree educated with a demonstrable track record of managing data and analytics within a large scale financial services or wider professional services organisation. You will possess exceptional financial/ analytical acumen and technical ability and have the capacity to influence both internal and external stakeholders. This position offers a highly competitive salary, significant bonus potential and an excellent benefits package
Apply below, or to find out more about this Commercial Management opportunity, please contact Marcus Blackburn at Robert Walters plc on Marcus.Blackburn@robertwalters.com or call +44 161 214 7400