Data Warehouse Engineer
Salary £40,000 - £47,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 06 September 2018 2018-09-062018-11-05 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Warehouse Engineer to join their established but rapidly expanding Technology Practice.
This role exists within the Risk Value Stream supporting the Commercial Risk division, with a particular focus on the Risk Data Warehouse (RDW), a key component of the divisional technology strategy.
As an RDW Engineer, you will perform a key role within our delivery team and you will have excellent experience of designing and building extract, transform and load jobs using IBM Datastage. Knowledge of Data Warehousing and Financial Services Logical Data Model would be beneficial. You will work alongside our SCRUM Masters, Product Owners, Designers, Analysts, Testers and Architects using the global delivery model where required.
The RDW is developed using Oracle and IBM Datastage on an AIX platform. A strong level of technical experience in this technology set is desirable.
- Works within a technical community of Analysts, Designers, Engineers, Testers and Architects on critical initiatives.
- Provides technical direction and acts as a Lead Designer/Developer through design, development (including coding) and systems integration.
- Engages with senior business stakeholders from definition phase through implementation.
- Analysis, design, development of ETL components using IBM Datastage to populate an Oracle data warehouse running Unix.
- Engaging with a range of IT stakeholders as part of Route to Live Implementation.
- Works with onshore and offshore team.
- Enforces coding standards, code consistency and adherence to application design
- Plans and works flexibly to a deadline.
- Proactively shares own knowledge and technical expertise to others within team through consultation, providing advice, and coaching.
Key Skills – Essential
- Experience as a Lead Datastage designer / developer working through the complete software development lifecycle.
- IBM (Infosphere DataStage version 9.5, Tivoli Workload Scheduler, RDMS (Oracle)
- Data Modelling (using ER Studio)
- Dimensional Modelling
Key Skills – Desirable
- Experience of Scrum and/or Kanban methodologies
- SQL Developer / TOAD
- Full IBM InfoSphere suite of applications (FastTrack, Metadata Workbench etc.)
- Experience of non-functional testing
**Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification**