Data Warehouse Designer
Salary £40,000 - £47,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 06 September 2018 2018-09-062018-11-05 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Warehouse Designer to join their established but rapidly expanding Technology Practice.
This role exists within the Risk Value Stream supporting the Commercial Risk division, with a particular focus on the Risk Data Warehouse (RDW), a key component of the divisional technology strategy.
As an RDW Designer, you will perform a key role within our delivery team. You will work alongside SCRUM Masters, Product Owners, Engineers, Analysts, Testers and Architects using the global delivery model where required. You will be responsible for shaping and influencing technical designs and for ensuring that outcomes are achieved in compliance with the RDW standards and principles.
The RDW is developed using Oracle and IBM Datastage on an AIX platform. A strong level of technical experience in this technology set would be desirable.
Works within a team which includes SCRUM Masters, Product Owners, Designers, Analysts, Testers, Developers and Release Managers on critical technology activities
- Identifies solution and design options and assesses them for technical and business suitability
- Works closely with developers and a variety of technical stakeholders to ensure quality of design and delivery
- Manages and motivates technical staff and contributes to the technical capability development of the team.
- Liaises with a variety of external or internal stakeholders
- Plans and works flexibly to a deadline
- Keeps up to date with technical and industry sector developments
- Proactively shares own knowledge and technical expertise with others within Platform team through consultation, providing advice, and coaching others
Key Skills - Essential
- Extensive practical experience in software design and development.
- Experience of working within a Data Warehouse
- IBM (InfoSphere DataStage version 9.5, Tivoli Workload Scheduler, RDMS (Oracle)
- Data Modelling (using ER Studio)
- Dimensional Modelling
- Functional testing experience
Key Skills – Desirable
- Experience of Scrum and/or Kanban methodologies
- Experience of Credit Risk
- SQL Developer / TOAD
- Full IBM InfoSphere suite of applications (FastTrack, Metadata Workbench etc.)
- Experience of non-functional testing
**Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification**