Business Intelligence Analyst
Salary £30,000 - £33,000 per annum
Location St. Helens
Consultant Bianca Fenton-Williams
Date posted 02 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting and very well established St. Helens based business is looking to add a Business Intelligence Analyst to its existing BI team. The role will sit in a fairly new team which was founded to support operational teams and strategic decision making. This resulted in the organisation being able to create a BI function to focus more on insight and intelligence, looking at ways of maximising opportunities for the business and allow them to make strategic decisions.
Based in the St. Helens office, the Business Intelligence Analyst will join a rapidly growing function and will play a key part in the continued development of the businesses insight and intelligence.
Crucially, the successful candidate will have a strong background in working with data, which could come in the form of Excel or SQL skills. Additionally, the role will require strong communication skills, as the Business Intelligence Analyst will be expected to liaise with multiple areas of the business, reporting on data insight and feeding back/ presenting to key multi-functional stakeholders.
This is an exciting position for the successful candidate, as it will offer the opportunity to work with really interesting data, whilst also providing the platform for somebody genuinely interested in data insight to learn new skills and technologies, such as Power BI, SQL etc.
Reporting in to the Senior BI Analyst, the Business Analyst will be involved in some of the following;
- Gathering requirements
- Scoping documents
- Analysis (get stuck in to the data to provide insight)
- Stakeholder management / engagement – communicating back to the stakeholders
- Develop, monitor and report on a range of KPIs
Essential skills for this role;
- Collaborative working approach
- At least 2 years’ experience working with data e.g. using the data to inform decision making
- Experience of some BI Software e.g. BO, Crystal Reports, Power BI, SSRS, etc.
- Ability to interrogate data using BI software
- Confident / strong communicator / resilient / critical thinking / curious
- Can explain the ‘why’ and ‘so what’ of the data / figures
- Can see the bigger picture of how data from different silos fits together
- Some SQL experience
- Aareon QL
- Housing experience
- Data Visualisation skills
If you feel that you have the required skills for this role, please submit an application, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Bianca on 0161 214 7431.