Salary £75,000 - £90,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 13 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services Organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Scientist to join their established but growing Technology Practice. This is a permanent role based in Sheffield.
For this role you will be required;
• To be responsible for developing and maintaining Transaction Monitoring models and methodologies for GRA FCC.
• to review and improve the existing suite of models and methodologies.
• to drive improvements to the systems and data infrastructure supporting deployment of the risk models, to coordinate projects aimed at aligning methodologies, governance and policies around the Group.
• Develop actionable hypotheses about customer behaviour and AML scenarios and apply the right mix of qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques to identify causes and solutions
• Manage stakeholder expectations related to timelines and deliverables setting the right expectations consistently and meeting/ exceeding them regularly for the team
• Ownership and management of the analytics infrastructure, current and new, plus tooling
responsible for escalation and decision making at a programme/ country cluster level.
• Engage in industry discussions aimed at informing policy.
In order to be successful in this position you will need to bring your skill set of;
• An Open Source Technology (Python, R, Scala, JAVA, SQL)
• Hadoop, (Hive, Pig, Ambari, etc.), SPARK
• Excellent analytical skills
• proven experience in data analysis and/or application development
• Visual Analytics tools e.g SAS VA, Tableau, Qlikview, Platfora (Desirable)
For more information regarding this role, please dont hesitate to get in contact.