Salary £450 - £550 per day
Location West Yorkshire
Consultant James Hewitson
Date posted 09 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My Yorkshire based client are seeking a Data Scientist to identify useful insights and inflict change on how the organisation approaches business challenges. The role has become available due to the company’s data strategy clearly identifying that they need more assistance with extraction of raw data looking to highlight strengths and weaknesses. The post holder will be a key member of the BI & Data team and will be responsible for designing statistical algorithms and models to gain overall understanding of the company’s data. The contract will be initially 6 months, but this could possibly get extended to support the long-term plans identified within the data strategy.
- Previous experience of extracting data from multiple and complex sources
- Analysed data from multiple angles identifying trends of weaknesses and opportunities
- Experience of using insights to influence direction and change on how an organisation approaches business challenges
- Identifying what internal and external data is available and relevant also looking to enhance new data collection methods
- Excellent communication skills having the ability to relay important information to business leaders
- Working knowledge in developing data management systems and processes
- Degree / MSc in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or other related field. Or specialized training/certification. Or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Experience working with SQL, SAS, Python, and ‘R’
If this Data Scientist role sounds of interest, please apply with your latest CV or call James Hewitson on 0161 240 7487 for more details.