Business Intelligence Data Modeller
Salary Up to £50,000.00 per annum + To Be confirmed
Location West Yorkshire
Consultant Jamie Hayhurst
Date posted 03 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Our industry leading client are looking for an experienced, motivated and focussed Business Intelligence to join their IT team on a permanent basis. The Data Modeller will ensure that all business initiatives that require IT involvement are approached from a strategic perspective and aligned to the overall IT strategy. The Business Intelligence Data Modeller will be part of the design authority within Business Intelligence ensuring that we deliver managed and standardised key information assets of the business such as customer, the key driver being the single customer view. Along with this ensuring the delivery of agreed formats and definitions that will enable the organisation to share and use data effectively.
Need to Know
- Minimum of 5 years data specialisation
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate technical considerations to non-technical audiences
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively, particularly at BDA, CTO & Head of Function level
- Good team worker in both internal and external teams
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Rigorous attention to detail
- A passion for technology and data
- Excellent understanding of logical and physical data modelling and design
- Excellent understanding of database technologies, ETL technologies and data security regulations
- Understanding of the use and application of data design in both B.I. and Operational environments
- Experienced in Master Data Management
- Data modelling, relational database design, data quality and master data management experience
- Data integration technologies (XML, JSON and web services)
- Data warehousing / BI Architecture experience
- Up to date knowledge of current and future technology trends which may be beneficial to the organisation.
- Understand the requirements of an FCA regulated business
- Development of strategy and roadmaps involving multiple stakeholders for the technology architecture domain
- Experience of working of the Microsoft BI stack
- Experience of large scale data migration projects
- Experience analysing requirements and how they impact the data environment
- Financial Service Experience
- Familiar with the requirements of an FCA regulated business
- Experience of Data Virtualisation and other similar technologies
Need to do
Leading our People (Colleagues and Agents)
- Accountable and Responsible for development of transporting business needs into logical, conceptual and physical data models. Understanding Business requirements and documenting these into development concepts for Business Intelligence delivery.
- Ensuring that all transition and future architectures and roadmaps align to overall Data strategy and Data Governance standards.
- Effectively communicate with direct line manager and Head of Function to provide feedback on progress
- Manage day to day activity and delegate workload so that it is distributed appropriately
- Ensure the right people are in the right roles and that skills are being utilised effectively
Doing the Right Thing for our Customers
- Ensure our customers are at the heart of everything we do and our actions enhance our customer relationship
- Ensure the architecture landscape and roadmap is supporting of Data Strategy change programme and in line with Data Governance standards.
Driving Innovation for our Business
- Creating and doing the design works to empower production system and practices to use data and thrust business processes.
- Driving and delivering single view of Customer.