BI SQL Developer
Salary £300 - £350 per day
Consultant Alex Taylor
Date posted 09 November 2016
BI SQL Developer is required on 3-6 month contract for a leading company based in Manchester. The role has come about due to expansion of the team. BI SQL Developer will undertake responsibilities to create reports for the company. Responsibilities will also include using Visual Studio to create self-service reporting solutions for different departments of the company.
BI SQL Developer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop close partnerships with the business to understand and determine reporting needs
- Utilise technical and business knowledge to create relevant and meaningful reports
- Review layout and formatting of reports to ensure end users have clarity when reviewing data points
- Develop SSRS reports and dashboards using MS reporting platforms, SQL, Excel, pivot tables and other relevant tools
- Maintain reports developed in SSRS and implement changes as needed
- Provide technical support for all SSRS internal clients
- Function as the Subject Matter Expert regarding SSRS related matters
- Follow through on enhancement to current data models and reporting
- Serve as the corporate point of contact for vendor contacts
- Implement vendor upgrades as required
- Remain current on new industry standards through training, professional organisations and other means
- Support the business through other reporting systems as required.
- Provide Applications support as assigned
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
The BI SQL Developer will have:
You will be responsible for building, implementing and supporting MI solutions. You will need to possess experience in all stages of MI project work (requirements and logical design, physical design, implementation, testing and deployment).
They're looking for established professionals, who have excellent data development expertise using SQL.
BI SQL Developer Necessary Skills:
- Minimum 5+ years experience in the full BI stack (SSIS, SSRS & SSAS). Please note that all 3 are necessary
- Relational Database and SQL Language
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL)
- Database design or integration experience with SQL Server databases
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to agree solutions with both technical and non technical people
If interested in this BI SQL Developer role please apply and call Alex Taylor on 0161 214 7426 for more details.