Salary £75000 - £85000 per annum
Consultant Tom Chambers
Date posted 31 August 2016
A key Senior Lead Data Scientist role as part of a driving change in a global retail transformation has become available one of the most respected global retailers based in Central London. Reporting directly to the Global Head of Data Science, this role offers exposure to working directly with the heads of the retail business. This is the ideal role for a Lead Data Scientist with a real passion for retail.
The Senior Lead Data Scientist will be responsible for analysing large, complex data sets to reveal underlying patterns, correlations and trends. They will also be able to drive development of machine learning techniques to model product demand based on customer behavioural and preference segments. Creating prototypes for predicting appropriate full and sale price for new products and turn machine-learning outputs into operational data products is important within this role.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Lead Data Scientist include:
- Time series analysis on product sales and conversion
- Design, set-up and conduct large-scale experiments to test hypotheses and drive product development
- Research and leverage new machine learning methodologies to improve current products and influence the future road map
- Leverage quantitative techniques to answer non-routine business problems
- Act as the lead on cross all retail team projects involving multiple subject matter experts and stakeholders
With a background in retail, the Senior Lead Data Scientist will have a solid previous experience in solving large analytical problems using statistical, machine learning or other quantitative methods (e.g. supervised/unsupervised learning, graphical models, time series analysis, statistical testing).
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or similar quantitative discipline
- Expert in at least one of Scala, Python, R, C/C++, C# or Java
- Experience with Unix-based operating systems, shell programming and versioning control systems (preferably Git)
- Excellent team working attitude with the ability to work proactively under own initiative in a fast paced environment
- Experience leading and growing a high performing team
- Ability to present and visualise data outputs and communicate results to non-technical audiences
- Comfortable manipulating relational data (joins, filtering, selection) and experience with database technologies
- Commercial mindset and keen interest in Retail, E-commerce or the online fashion industry
With an ambition to become the world number one in their industry, this retailer needs no introduction. With offices all over the world and a truly global reputation, the data science departments are key to their long term success.
Apply now or call me on +44(0)7833401229 to find out more.