DevOps Team Leader
Salary £65,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 08 November 20192019-11-08 2020-01-07 it Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 65000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This established Legal firm is looking to recruit a DevOps team Leader
DevOps Team Leader – This major international law firm is looking for DevOps Team Leader. To lead their teams to operate, maintain and constantly improve the firm’s applications within their domain. Team leaders are the senior engineer within their domain and are responsible for ensuring appropriate quality, on time and on budget is achieved.
- Proven experience managing, mentoring and running a technically focused 3rd line team.
- An appreciation for DevOps methods
- Managing internal and external senior stakeholders and third party support contracts.
- Working with Scrum, Kanban or Lean methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable development and/or scripting abilities.
- Commitment to supporting and maintaining solutions on an ongoing basis.
- Experience of working with large scale and complex applications.
- Experience of supporting production, pre-prod, test and dev environments
Team Management Responsibilities
- Create and manage task plans for the team in-line with domain requirements using Jira, confluence and service now.
- Ensure the team fulfils its ITIL process obligations
- People management responsibility for their team,
- Create and manage task and time plans for the team
- Assesses and analyses release components. Provides input to scheduling. Ensures release processes and procedures are maintained
- Ensures that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures.
- Initiates and monitors actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems and services.
- Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures
- Investigates and coordinates the resolution of potential and actual service problems.
- Provides reports and proposals for improvement to specialists, users and managers
- Responds to requests for support by providing information to enable incident resolution and promptly allocates unresolved calls as appropriate
- Reviews system software updates and identifies those that merit action. Ensures all products are patched in accordance with security and vendor policies.
- Takes ownership of raising risks and providing mitigations and action plans where appropriate
- Facilitates the development and test of adhoc and emergency fixes into Production