Salary £65,000 - £80,000 per annum
Consultant Jackson Smithies
Date posted 30 August 20192019-08-30 2019-10-29 financial-services Glasgow Glasgow GB GBP 65000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Join a completely new function within a highly reputable financial services business as they begin a strategic initiative. The Data Architect will be hands on working with databases, datawarehouses and data modelling to work on risk functionalities. Strong Oracle knowledge is advantageous. Cloud experience is beneficial
A highly regarded company who lead their market not only in reputation, market share but also in technological advancements that are increasing their presence in Glasgow by growing their technology hub.
Developing a collaborative working environment which allows technologists to hone in on their skills and focus on what they really enjoy - technology.
The Data Architect will be an expert in their field and provide technology leadership to a large team spanning multiple countries. This is a hands on position where the Architect will have strong and current exposure to database functionalities. There are multiple technologies from Abinitio, reporting tools, visual tools, etc and the Data Architect will be pivotal to see how these are best utilised.
Sitting in the risk function of the business the end result will be solutions for generating information on market risk across different platforms and applications.
- Design and deliver solutions for key market risk data platform applications
- Design and implement data models for accuracy, timeliness, quality and control
- Logical and physical data modelling and design
- Design, implementation and configuration of large warehouse style databases – 30+ TB in size
Performance optimisation – physical storage, data compression, partitioning, hashing, indexing, etc.
- In depth knowledge of both relational and multi-dimensional data design
- Considerable proven hands on experience with Oracle or similar relational database
- Excellent experience in performance tuning, capacity management
- Excellent knowledge of ETL, both using vendor products (i.e. Ab-initio etc.) as well as script based
- Working knowledge of related/relevant Linux concepts
- Scripting knowledge (shell, Python)
- Effective integration with an OLAP database system
Experience with migration of database technologies to cloud (AWS, Snowflake or other)
For more information on this exciting opportunity please call Jackson Smithies on 0161 240 7492