Business Solutions Architect (Technology)
Salary £550 - £600 per day
Consultant Wayne Bennett
Date posted 16 April 20192019-04-16 2019-05-16 it Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 550 600 600 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
We are currently looking for a contract Solution Architect able to support the maturing nature of the technology department by providing a Front Door requests environment, where you will be defining and creating solution architectures and IS Design Blueprints that articulate technical solutions to business problems.
The role will require strong stakeholder engagements skills and ideally someone that has a broad range of technology experience, that understands how to employ architecture techniques in an Agile environment, understands NFRs, understands GDS principles, someone that can learn and adapt, and that engages positively with their stakeholders.
Key aspects of the role:
- Defining templates, standards and processes to be used by the Design Practice in the production of Blueprints and option papers, and the evaluation of in-house built and procured technology solutions
- Integrate Design Practice processes with the Delivery Practice in support of project mobilisation and execution
- Define a method for the evaluation technical risk and technical debt integrated with existing Service Management processes and EA models and integrate into portfolio practices
- Supporting the transition of defined architectures into delivery projects, providing guidance to delivery teams when needed
- Be an active member if the architecture community by testing and refining the models and templates for fitness for purpose on a number of actual ‘live’ change initiatives.
- Educating IS department on the usage of the models, blueprints and processes
- Organising and establishing the agenda for the Technical Design Authority
Strong solution architecture experience whilst engaging directly with business stakeholders
Understanding of costings associated with solutions architecture
Knowledge of O365, Azure and AWS solutions
Demonstrable experience of providing business lead solutions