Lead developr - Solutions Architect
Salary £65,000 - £79,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 29 March 20192019-03-29 2019-05-28 it Glasgow Glasgow GB GBP 65000 79000 79000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This is a great opportunity for a lead developer to move in to a Solutions Architect Position You will be responsible for creating technology solutions to meet business requirements in line with Cluster and Group IT Strategies and Architectures. You will be working with the relevant Technology and Change Project Managers, Lead Solutions Architect, and CTO Enterprise Architects - responsible for ensuring that the outcomes delivered by projects are consistent with the original solution. You will also Support the development of systems strategies and roadmaps for the supported business area. Provide ad-hoc consultancy as required to the business on technical matters
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Excellent understanding of computing infrastructure, integration and implementation issues and their architectural implications, and of best practice architectural and design methods.
- A very comprehensive breadth of understanding of the wide variety of technologies pertinent to Barclaycard, coupled with a depth of knowledge and expertise of the specific platforms that underpin the cards-issuing side of the business.
- Can describe existing technology infrastructure across all major functions / departments and has a comprehensive grasp of emerging technologies.
Desirable skills bur not essential
- Has a working knowledge of the key issues in implementing secure systems
- Knowledge of API’s (REST/JSON) & Webservices (SOAP/XML)
- Knowledge of different range of operating systems, virtualisation techniques & tools, and cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of DevOps technologies supporting continuous integration/delivery such as Chef, Jenkins etc.
- Broad and solid understanding of the concepts and roles behind service delivery and systems support
- Understands different project methodologies, project lifecycles, major phases, dependencies and milestones within a project, and the required documentation needs.
- Experienced with planning, estimating, staffing, organising, and working on multiple projects. Has monitored and dealt with critical paths and risks areas.