Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 21 December 2018 2018-12-212019-02-19 it Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 45000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Looking for an experienced Technical Lead for a client based in North Manchester, £45-£50K + Benefits
£45,000 - £50,000
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Technical Lead with great career progression for a large and ever-growing organisation, main Responsibilities:
Strategy and Planning
- Works with the Head of IT Service Delivery to establish and deliver the IT Infrastructure strategy based on standards, regulation and technology.
- Develops the strategy in to a timeline for specific implementation projects and ensures that all solution designs fit within the long-term strategic goals.
- Investigate and propose new technologies to develop the Group IT systems in line with operational needs and requirements.
- Complete the technical hands on implementation of monitoring and systems deployment.
- Manages, documents and approves configuration of IT Systems.
- Identifying areas of concern and completing relevant investigation and remedial actions.
- Liaising with the IT Security Manager to remediate areas of risk within IT Systems and Infrastructure.
- Head up delivery of technical projects and implementation of new products.
- Design and implementation of all hardware, network and virtual infrastructure
Service Delivery Management
- Produces and maintains IT configuration and procedure documentation.
- The focal point for incident management technical resolutions.
- Becomes an integral part of the group’s project delivery processes defining and reviewing system requirements
- Advise on the capacity and reliability of all IT Systems and Infrastructure components.
- Define maintenance plans and schedules
IT Compliance Management
- Design and implement infrastructure in line with information security controls such as:
- The requirements of the DPA and Information Commissioner
- The Requirements of the NHS IG Toolkit (Level 3)
- Work with the Group IT Security Manager to deliver requirements to reduce business risk.
Group IT Management
- Line management of the Group Infrastructure team
- Leads the Group IT Infrastructure Team, contributing technical know-how to Group IT initiatives and issues.
- Manage and prioritise the team’s workflow and resource, ensuring that the wider operational needs are considered.
- Motivation of the team and self to achieve the required levels of quality and service.
- Undertake people management activities including appraisals, recruitment and people development
- Lead by example providing support to all team members ensuring that company policies are adhered to at all times.
Application and Infrastructure security architecture and design - Understanding of a range of security tech such as vulnerability scanning, IDS/IPS, Firewall management, encryption methods - Strong VMware vSphere (Desirable - VMware Horizon or Citrix) - Strong Wintel knowledge - Solid networking (Desirable - Cisco switching, ASA, Fortigate) - Strong storage (Desirable - Nimble, NetApp) - Veeam Other desirable include industry qualifications (VCP, CCNA, MCSE, ITIL)
- Leadership, Delegation, Adaptability and Flexibility, Organisational Sensitivity, Verbal & Written Communication, Planning and Organising
- Industry qualifications such as VCP, CCNA, MCSE
- ITIL v3 Foundation