Technical Architect – Flight Operations
Salary Highly competitive salary + Benefits
Consultant Jonathan Basnett
Date posted 04 January 2019 2019-01-042019-02-18 aerospace London London GB UB7 0GB GBP 60000 100000 100000 YEAR IAG GBS https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/careers-at-iaggbs.html https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/IAG-GBS.jpg
IAG GBS has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Technical Architect in its Flight Operations domain. You can be based in any of our main offices in either Madrid, Dublin or London.
IAG GBS (Global Business Services) is part of International Airlines Group, one of the world’s leading airline groups, with 546 aircraft flying to over 270 destinations, carrying more than 100 million passengers each year.
IAG GBS provides a plug and play platform of scalable, best in class procurement, finance and IT business services to IAG’s operating companies which include Aer Lingus, Avios, British Airways, IAG, IAG Cargo, Iberia, Iberia Express, LEVEL and Vueling. The company is headquartered in Krakow and has operations in London, Madrid, Dublin and Chennai.
This is a new opportunity for a Technical Architect to join IAG GBS. This role will sit in the Flight Operations domain to play a vital role in its growth and strategic initiatives. The team exist to enhance operational efficiencies of the group by proving a common platform that delivers the best in class technology services and solutions out to the group partners. In this role, you’ll become a domain focused subject matter expert and take ownership for your business area. This is a chance to truly put your skills to the test in a complex global giant.
What will the Technical Architect role in the Flight Operations area look like?
- As a Technical Architect in Flight Operations you’ll be working across all aspects of IAG’s flight operations function. This includes flight planning, weight & balance, fuel burn, weather systems, pilot applications and connectivity.
- You will ensure all solutions in your business domain are consistent and align with the wider group standards and strategy.
- You’ll provide technical advice, deep specialist knowledge, guidance and support to Group IT and business stakeholders to ensure appropriate solutions are defined to meet business objectives.
- You’ll work across a number of architecture disciplines (application development, enterprise integration, IT infrastructure etc) to deliver a peerless quality of solutions.
- You will ensure a common understanding across the wider business of how solutions cover people, process and technology, addressing the concerns of key stakeholders.
Each operating company in the IAG group has its unique identity so you’ll be vital in understanding and interpreting the business requirements into robust solutions.
If this has piqued your interest what skills and experience will make you a success?
- You’ll have proven technical architecture skills in a sector or business that is complex in size, scale and nature.
- In the Flight Operations domain some experience around airlines and aviation either commercial, cargo or other is going to be incredibly useful, though it is by no means a pre-requisite.
- You’ll be confident, engaging with a good sense of humour and a strong work ethic.
- You should have an awareness of application development, enterprise integration, service definition, service level agreements and IT infrastructure architecture.
- If you are excellent at senior stakeholder management, balancing and finding compromises between opposing views and opinions across the group, using technical architecture expertise this role will really suit you.
- You should be flexible, delivery focused with an ability to work under pressure and have a track record of delivering outstanding results.
- You’ve got a passion for transformation and innovation.
If you think the sound of this role for one of the world’s biggest airline groups sounds like the type of opportunity that will reward and provide challenge for the next step in your career, then IAG GBS want to hear from you. Respond to the advert to find out more.
Robert Walters is acting as a recruitment partner for this opportunity and will manage the process on behalf of IAG GBS; any 3rd party CV’s will not be considered. Your key point of contact will be Jonathan Basnett who can be reached via: email@example.com