Business Domain Architect – IT Operations
Salary Highly competitive salary + Benefits
Consultant Jonathan Basnett
Date posted 04 January 2019 2019-01-042019-02-18 aerospace London London GB UB7 0GB GBP 70000 120000 120000 YEAR IAG GBS https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/careers-at-iaggbs.html https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/IAG-GBS.jpg
IAG GBS has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Business Domain Architect in its IT Operations domain. You can be based in any of our main offices in either Madrid, Dublin or London.
IAG GBS (Global Business Services) is part of International Airlines Group, one of the world’s leading airline groups, with 546 aircraft flying to over 270 destinations, carrying more than 100 million passengers each year.
IAG GBS provides a plug and play platform of scalable, best in class procurement, finance and IT business services to IAG’s operating companies which include Aer Lingus, Avios, British Airways, IAG, IAG Cargo, Iberia, Iberia Express, LEVEL and Vueling. The company is headquartered in Krakow and has operations in London, Madrid, Dublin and Chennai.
This is a new opportunity for a Business Domain Architect to join IAG GBS. This role will sit in the IT Operations domain to play a vital role in its growth and strategic initiatives. The team exist to enhance operational efficiencies of the group by proving a common platform that delivers the best in class technology services and solutions out to the group partners. In this role, you’ll become a domain focused subject matter expert and take ownership for your business area. This is a chance to truly put your skills to the test in a complex global giant.
What will the Business Domain Architect role in the IT Operations area look like?
- As a Business Domain Architect in the IT Operations area you’ll be working across a portfolio of applications, which include a wide variety of modern and legacy technologies. A key driver for this domain will be the consolidation and decommissioning of old applications.
- You’ll drive the domain architecture through thought leadership and effectively navigating through stakeholder requirements.
- You’ll have a deep understanding of how the IT Operations domain aligns to the overall business strategy, transformation and technology direction to define the future state.
- You’ll ensure all solutions in your business domain are consistent and align with the wider group standards and strategy.
Each operating company in the IAG group has its unique identity so you’ll be vital in understanding and interpreting the business requirements into robust roadmaps and solutions.
If this has piqued your interest what skills and experience will make you a success?
- You’ll have proven architecture skills in a sector or business that is complex in size, scale and nature. Experience in aviation is not a pre-requisite but any sector knowledge is a plus.
- In the IT Operations domain any knowledge or experience with legacy application decommissioning, consolidation or migration would be very useful.
- You’ll be confident, engaging with a good sense of humour and a strong work ethic.
- You should be flexible; delivery focused with an ability to work under pressure and have a track record of delivering outstanding results.
- You’ve got a passion for transformation and innovation.
- Being TOGAF certified will be a big plus but you’ll need a very good working knowledge of it at the least.
If you think the sound of this role for one of the world’s biggest airline groups sounds like the type of opportunity that will reward and provide challenge for the next step in your career, then IAG GBS want to hear from you. Respond to the advert to find out more.
Robert Walters is acting as a recruitment partner for this opportunity and will manage the process on behalf of IAG GBS; any 3rd party CV’s will not be considered. Your key point of contact will be Jonathan Basnett who can be reached via: firstname.lastname@example.org