Service and Infrastructure Architect
Salary £60,000 - £75,000 per annum + Bonus+ BenefitsFULL_TIME
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 31 October 2018 2018-10-312018-12-30 it UK
Looking for an experienced Service and Infrastructure Architect for an Enterprise level organisation based in Halifax, £60K-£75K + Bonus + Benefits
Service and Infrastructure Architect
£65,000 - £75,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Robert Walters is partnering with a Enterprise level Financial Services Organisation based in West Yorkshire, they have an exciting new opportunity for a Service and Infrastructure Architect with great career progression
This Service and Infrastructure Architect is responsible for designing, implementing and continuously developing the Technology & Service capabilities in the UK. This is a critical, senior management role in the IT function and the primary technical authority within the IT Service Delivery function.
This is a technology focused role that requires deep experience in the architecting, designing and implementing of modern IT infrastructure and communications solutions in both Cloud & On-Premise environments. You will work closely with the Head of ITS and the Chief Architect to develop the short, medium and long-term Infrastructure strategy & investment plans required implementing services that support the wider business strategy.
You will develop close & collaborative engagement with Enterprise Architects to drive & validate technology choices, technology roadmaps, the creation & approval of complex, large investment proposals, establishing and delivering complex technology projects, including:
- Contemporary on premise infrastructure solutions: Virtualisation; SAN; Replication & Backup integrated voice and online channel solutions
- Migration strategies for on-premise to Cloud-based services, along with the experience & knowledge to design, implement & manage hybrid Cloud infrastructure environments.
- Establishing transition standards and fit for live standards for cloud and on-premise architectures, supporting our Dev\Ops strategy
In addition to the technology components role, you will have deep experience designing & implementing the engineering and operational policies, controls and processes required to operate effectively in a hybrid Cloud environment. The role will drive automation into the support & maintenance operating domains, working closely with the Senior Technical Operations Manager. You will also play a lead role in the selection of Infrastructure products, tools & supporting services, ensuring your Infrastructure is designed to provide a scalable, resilient and effective service.
- Play a key role in shaping & executing the overall service strategy.
- Work with the Chief Architect and your teams to establish the long-term architecture & technology roadmaps for IT infrastructure.
- Keep up to date with relevant external developments and changes to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Work with the Architecture and Dev\Ops teams in order to ensure that IT service components are delivered to the target architecture model and within design authority guidelines.
- Create and manage 3 & 5-year investment plans, in conjunction with the IT leadership team.
- Work with the rest of the senior management team to facilitate annual business plans and budgets. Deliver the infrastructure service to budget
- You will have demonstrable & verifiable experience of successfully implementing a technology capability at enterprise scale. C.2000 user digital and traditional platforms
- Experience of successful performance across architecture, design, delivery & operations environments.
- A technology evangelist who is both highly innovative and pragmatic, with the ability to engage stakeholders on highly technical, commercial and service focused basis.
- Demonstrable and verifiable experience of operating across on premise and cloud-based infrastructures, including migration of systems: specifically in AWS and Azure.
- Experience creating medium & long-term investment plans at enterprise scale.
- Experience of designing solutions for a wide range of systems including networking, telephony, storage, legacy client/server and modern API / Web & Mobile based systems.
- Ability to think logically, analyse situations, problem solve and lead a team
- A broad IT and commercial perspective and an understanding of the overall picture of how the IT service contributes to good customer service.
- Experience of regulated, financial service environments including PCI compliance
- Working in a matrix managed, Agile & Devops environment;
- Implementation of infrastructure architectures to support Devops environments;
- Strong experience of delivering service quality within an ITIL framework;
- Exceptional knowledge, qualifications & accreditations relating to IT Infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, networks etc.)