Senior Solutions Designer
Salary £65,000 - £80,000 per annum + Bonus + BenefitsFULL_TIME
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 18 October 2018 2018-10-182018-12-17 it UK
Looking for a Senior Solutions Designer for a Global Financial Services Organisation based in Northamptonshire, £65-£80K + Bonus + Benefits
Senior Solutions Designer
£65,000 - £80,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Robert Walters is partnering with a Global Financial Services Organisation based in Northampton, they have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Solutions Designer with great career progression with a large enterprise level business.
Overall purpose of role
Perform end-to-end solution design on Risk Decision Systems projects, including user interface, technical interface and application design. You will work closely with architects to ensure our solutions meet architectural design principles and with development teams to ensure they understand the overall solution design.
- Provide technical consultancy for new initiatives, to assist in the definition of business solutions or technical strategies
- Produce High Level End-to-End Design documents
- Solve unique and complex technical problems with broad impact on our key Business areas as a whole
- Develop an in-depth awareness of new tools, processes and technical developments relevant to your area of expertise and seek opportunities to apply them.
- Work with technology architects on the definition of product strategy and road-maps.
- Collaborate with business analysts and developers to turn business requirements into solution designs that meet the business needs while aligning with our technical strategy for each application
- Understand technical constraints of the environment and architecture, building this into solution design
- Produce end-to-end system designs, engaging, directing and collaborating with other internal and supplier teams as required.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in a Solution Designer or Solution Architect role with strong evidence of end-to-end delivery
- Essential skills of API Development with experience of Database and Database concepts
- Strong evidence of design techniques covering all phases of the project lifecycle, both Agile and Waterfall
- Work collaboratively with business & technology stakeholders to build out all technical requirements and assisting the business wherever possible to close functional gaps
- Demonstrable knowledge of accessible design and Human Computer Interaction design
- Experience of the following technologies:
o Java / J2EE (7 or above)
o Databases (MariaDB, MongoDB)
o Service Orientated Architecture
o Micro Services via Mulesoft
o Cloud (AWS, aPaaS)
o Rule based decision systems
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent in an IT related discipline
- Experience and knowledge of building large banking projects
- Experience of credit risk decision systems like Transact SM, PowerCurve Originations
- Exposure to integrate with external vendor provided APIs such as Bureaus, open banking etc