Salary £80,000 - £90,000 per annum + 20% Bonus
Location North West England
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 09 October 2018UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Blue Chip currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Scientist to join their established but rapidly expanding Technology Practice.
Overall purpose of role
- Working in partnership with senior stakeholders to finalise the shape and delivery for various tasks including resource management, governance and methodologies, identification and evaluation of tools and technologies, training plans, Machine Learning model build and validation methodologies.
- Produce Machine Learning standards and governance. Work with the federated team to ensure that ML teams are adhered to the published standards.
- With the help of the wider team, ensure that other federated Machine Learning initiatives are provided with the required support, guidance and consultancy
- Work with the business and technology stakeholders to identify Machine Learning Usecases, to finalise requirements including success criteria
- Train and test the Machine Learning model - Once Usecase is evaluated and accepted as valid Machine Learning Usecase, deliver Machine Learning model – starting with data requirements, exploration and to fully trained and tested Machine Learning model
- Deliver model monitoring and performance framework
- Work closely with wider technology teams – i.e. data SMEs, solution designer, architect, ETL – to produce e2e solution or to support other teams to produce the same
- Collaborate with the platform team to ensure availability of right tools technologies, infrastructure for successful Machine Learning program implementation
- Work closely with Program/product manager to deliver e2e program covering various key tasks – i.e. Usecase finalisation, model build, model integration, live implementation, and then model monitoring.
Experience of working and understanding of;
- various Machine Learning products available in the market
- ETL, MI, Warehouse technologies and solution
- open Source technologies (with hands-on experience) like Python, R, Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- various Machine Learning algorithms
- Data Science and Machine Learning: Expert understanding of Machine Learning algorithms, tools and technologies. Proven track record of delivering Machine Learning Usecases starting from identification stage. Solid understanding of fast moving niche area of Machine Learning, and ability to identify trend and bring relevant changes in the bank in timely manner
- Solution Architecture, Design: Able to influence (and/or lead) solution design, architecture for the department, and also for individual Usecase considering upstream integration of the model, and downstream consumption of trained ML model both in batch and real-time mode
- Financial and resources management: Lead the team to build and run Machine Learning requirements, to support other federated teams, and also manage finances for the team to ensure that the team is delivering agreed tasks in budget
- PhD with preferred specialisation in IT, Mathematics, Data Science
**Should teh above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification**