Salary £70,000 - £80,000 per annum + 20% Bonus
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 25 September 2018 2018-09-252018-11-24 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Blue Chip currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Designer to join their established but rapidly expanding Technology Practice.
Overall purpose of role
The Lead Designer will be responsible for the solution design for several Strategic Channels. You will be required to develop a detailed understanding of the Product and work with internal stakeholders to ensure that a scalable solution is delivered that aligns to all relevant architecture and strategic principles, whilst meeting the external business stakeholder requirements.
- Ownership of the end to end solution design for relevant channels. This will require detailed product knowledge, aligned with a strong understanding of underlying architecture and that of supporting systems.
- Lead the team of designers, manage team work allocations and handle escalations and issues.
- Collaborate with the Channels Lead Architect, Project Managers, Business Analysts & Product stakeholders to understand and challenge requirements (functional and non-functional).
- Facilitate design discussions and workshops to ensure that mutually agreeable solutions are achieved and, where necessary, be able to influence and challenge the Business and other external parties.
- Produce Design documentation to a high standard that clearly articulates solutions accurately.
- Escalate risks and issues that emerge from requirements gathering and solution design to appropriate governance forums.
- Actively participate in internal initiatives outside project work (for example, adoption of new tools and internal process improvements)
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Corporate Technology system architecture across the estate, including understanding architectural standards, quality standards and policies.
- A proven working knowledge of Managed File Transfer protocols and API’s
- Experience in a Design focussed role for a critical application
- A track record of being instrumental in the successful delivery of software solutions
- Problem solving, including the ability to resolve issues of a complex or strategic nature
- Confident communication skills, including ability to present and facilitate workshops with both business and technical stakeholders
- Understands current IT developments and industry direction, with a broad knowledge of IT and an excellent understanding of how technology impacts other business functions
- Previous experience as a designer on a host to host solution in a large Corporate environment
- Knowledge of IBM Sterling Integrator or a similar Product
- Knowledge of Swift, SFTP, FTPS, Connect Direct protocols
- DevOps and Automation experience
**Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification**