Salary £65,000 - £82,000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 01 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Our client a leading enterprise level Financial Services organisation is looking for an experienced Technical Architect, they offer great a great salary with fantastic benefits along with excellent career progression
Salary negotiable + 20% Bonus + Benefits
Robert Walters is partnering with a Global Financial Services Organisation based in Cheshire, they have an exciting new opportunity for a Technical Architect. This role is for an architect working within the Wholesale Lending team to provide technological solutions for the global Primary Credit, Loan, CMBS, ABS and MTN origination and secondary loan trading businesses. The successful candidate will be working with developers, business analysts and project managers globally to deliver major core platform implementations.
Define the systems architecture based upon a clear understanding of the business domain and user requirements so that development teams can deliver high quality solutions that align to modern best practice technical architectures, whilst championing the teams drive for innovation and continuous technological improvement by managing a process that evaluates new technologies and defines a strategy for system upgrades.
Align to quality assurance standards and best practices for development of testable solutions, take ownership of the delivery of key architectural enhancements and extensions and provide guidance and career progression to more junior members of the team along with contribute into a global matrix management reporting structure to aid in shaping and growing the team while delivering against agreed targets and mandatory delivery deadlines.
- Extensive track record of successful delivery of complex banking technology solutions through collaboration with global development teams, and stakeholders.
- Must be comfortable working with newer technologies / paradigms and integrating those with established, older technologies and solutions.
- Interact with business and technology stakeholders to understand requirements and constraints to provide suitable architectures and identify viable technologies.
- Provide guidance to the development teams within wholesale lending on strategies that should be used to successfully implement new architectural changes.
- Present senior management with clear guidance and roadmaps for technology adoption / retirement / evolution.
- Explain complex technical solutions clearly and succinctly with detailed technical diagrams and documentation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication and influencing skills will be vital to achieve this as the team, management and stakeholders are distributed globally.
- Define strategies for utilisation of modern architecture design patterns, especially cloud-based and containerised solutions
- Use previous experience in enterprise integration to define strategies to both internal build and adoption of off-the-shelf components
- Define strategies and processes for the evaluation and adoption of new technologies to maintain and enhance systems in line with supported libraries, languages and industry best practices.
- Finance experience preferred - loan origination / syndication experience strongly preferred
- Experience leading a team using Agile project management, including continuous integration/delivery with significant automated unit testing and TDD strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of service technologies including Java, JUnit, Spring / Spring Boot, RDBMS (MS Sql Server preferred), Hiberate or similar ORM tool, Kubernetes / Docker / AWS.