IT Service Delivery Manager
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Location Greater Manchester
Consultant Jamie Hayhurst
Date posted 04 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Introduction Our industry leading client are looking for an experienced, motivated and focused Service Delivery manager to join their IT team on a permanent basis. The right candidate will be responsible for taking responsibility for our helpdesk function that currently handles 2,500 calls per month in addition to 2,000 email requests. The role will also be responsible for our team of Field Service Engineers that support 3,000 computer users across the business. Purpose of Role The IT Service Delivery Manager oversees a number of key functions within the IT department that enable the delivery of a high-quality service to end users, and to ensure Service Support and Service Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. This position is a stakeholder facing role, and requires that you establish and manage expectations within the business and drive the IT team to achieve those expectations to a high standard. The role will be responsible for leading, motivating and developing a team of nine field based engineers and four helpdesk advisors.
- Maintain high performing service support functions including IT Service Desk and Field Service Engineers.
- Owner of the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required.
- As owner of the escalation process the Service Delivery Manager will take ownership of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review.
- Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed.
- Champion Service and Support in projects and develop a strong understanding of projects impacting your service area and ensure service impact is minimised and agreed.
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems.
- Drive internal and third party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes.
- Lead the Desktop Management team to continually improve the desktop computing environment.
- Manage the desktop computing environment to ensure that laptops, PC’s and other access devices are built and maintained to high standards of performance and security.
- Ensure that patching and anti-virus updates are carried out promptly and effectively.
- Work with the Technical Manager to evolve standards for hardware, software and security in the desktop environment.
- Performance & Quality
- Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner.
- Work with internal and third party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services.
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance.
- Effectively deliver/manage Staff Management including recruitment, mentoring, training, target setting and performance assessment.
- Be an ambassador for IT, working across the business to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments.