Infrastructure Architecture Lead
Salary excellent benefits
Location City of London
Consultant Lee-Roy Fredericks
Date posted 10 October 2016
A tier one global Asset Management organisation is currently seeking an Infrastructure Architecture Lead to join their Architecture & Engineering team.This role will be based in their London office and reporting to the Global Head of Engineering & Architecture.
About the Infrastructure Architecture Lead:
The role is to lead and manage a team of of Infrastructure Architects who are responsible for global infrastructure design, standards and governance. The successful candidate should have a broad technical knowledge, able to produce designs and peer review in depth technical solutions.
Candidates should have a strong background in infrastructure and be comfortable translating business requirements into infrastructure solutions with scalability and future proofing in mind. The successful candidate will be expected to always be looking to improve process and solutions whilst ensuring consistency within the organisations architecture principles
- Ownership of infrastructure solutions, turning requirements into detailed designs through requirements analysis
- Provide effective leadership to the team
- Perform staff appraisals and set objectives in line with the wider business plans and Implement development plans for team members
- Evaluation of software, solutions and tool-sets
- Recommend feature sets and tools to improve the current infrastructure estate
The candidate should have a broad infrastructure knowledge across multiple stacks to be able to apply experience to solutions, technology exposure across the below areas:
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7 (10) and Server 2008-2012 R2
- Infrastructure as Code – Chef / Puppet / Ansible Demonstrable experience in triage and root-cause analysis
- Citrix Xen App 5.x, 6.x, 6.5x / Xen Desktop 7.5x, DDC, Storefront, MCS, PVS, App-V
- Cloud technologies – Azure / Office 365 / Amazon AWS
- Datacentre technologies such as Storage, ESXi, Hyper-v (virtualization), Cisco UCS, Networking
The role is based within their London offices. This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled, Infrastructure Architecture Lead to join a large programme of work and manage a team within a global organisation.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity based in London, please contact me or click to apply