Salary £35000 - £40000 per annum + plus benefits package
Consultant Jonathan Basnett
Date posted 28 November 2016
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
We work with 8 of the top 10 UK insurers, 4 of the top 10 global insurers and over 40% of UK brokers. Our broking technology processes transactions worth over £5 billion gross written premium and our e-trading division is responsible for developing some of the most cutting edge software in the insurance market. By helping our customers to define their requirements, SSP map the journey and build the solution.
We are looking for talented software developers, front end and back end, to join our Halifax office.
As a Software Developer you will be working with systems that deal with millions of insurance quotes a day and so, by using your expert knowledge and experience of software engineering, you will help the team continue to provide market leading solutions to our customers.
What being a Software Developer with SSP will involve:
- Developing and maintaining software to the quality standards of an industry leader
- Performing requirement analysis, working with colleagues and customers to ensure they obtain the maximum benefit from their investment in our products.
- Taking an analytical approach, innovating, evaluating solutions and making recommendations throughout the development lifecycle.
- Working to stay within project deadlines.
- Carrying out testing to make sure our software is of the highest quality.
What experience we look for from you:
- Visual Studio 2013/2015
- XML web services
- SQL 2008 and above (strong SQL server experience)
- Cassandra (Desirable)
- Code reviews
- Setting guidelines / standards
- API’s (Desirable)
Front end experience:
- MVC ASP.NET
- WP 8.1 Universal MVVM
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best. We have a strong, clear vision – to be the leading provider of insurance technology software – and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and capture the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do. The Software Developer plays a crucial role in delivering our vision and values through you, your team and the business.
We reserve the right to withdraw a vacancy prior to the closing date.
Note to Agencies: We currently have a PSL in place and we are not looking to engage wider to this PSL.
All 3rd party CVs will be forwarded to Robert Walters.
For more information about this role please contact Jonathan Basnett at email@example.com or 0161 214 7400