Contract type: FULL_TIME
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 per annum
Location: Milton KeynesFULL_TIME
Consultant: James Coxhill
Job reference: 50983743/001
Date posted: 06 November 2023northern-home-counties human-resources/other-specialist-positions 2023-11-06 2024-01-05 accountancy Milton Keynes Buckinghamshire GB mk9 1fb GBP 27000 30000 30000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
Data Protection Officer - Membership Body - Milton Keynes (with 3 days per week remote working) - Circa £27k-£30k plus benefits package
Robert Walters are hiring for a Data Protection Offer for a leading membership body based in Milton Keynes.
This is a permanent full-time role paying circa £27k-£30k plus benefits package, and supporting 3 days per week remote working.
Working closely with the Data Protection Manager, the Officer will support the data protection agenda across the organisation.
The role focuses on dealing with Data Subject Access Requests (SARs) and ensuring the business remains compliant with the Data Protection Act and with the General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR)
- Support on the processing of Data Subject Access Requests (SARs) and other data subject rights ensuring we meet statutory timescales and remain compliant with the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR)
- Support the Data Protection team with other data protection related matters under their guidance and supervision.
- Processing all types of data subject right requests in an efficient and timely manner and within statutory timelines following documented processes and procedures.
- Conduct DSARs received by the organisation. This will include discovery, review, collation, disclosure, redaction and where appropriate the application of exemptions under the UK GDPR.
- Provide general support within the data protection office across a wide range of activities.
- Work with members of the data protection office to develop your understanding, knowledge and experience of data subject rights and the wider obligations of the UK GDPR and data protection legislation.
The company are looking for someone with understanding and experience of managing SARs, knowledgeable with the principles that underpin them, and able to identify which to respond to and in what ways.
On top they are looking for someone with a genuine interest in data protection and a willingness to learn, as the plan is to train and develop this person in order to give them more responsibility and progress them to more senior positions in the future.
Apply now to view the full job description and to find out more.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates
Come join our global team of creative thinkers, problem solvers and game changers. We offer accelerated career progression, a dynamic culture and expert training.