HR Operations Director
Salary £Competitive Salary + Bonus + Car
Consultant Lucy Bisset
Date posted 25 October 2016
Keepmoat is the UK’s leading national provider of social housing refurbishment and regeneration services and a developer of low-cost, affordable housing. With 3,500 staff (800 of which are mobile) in 22 locations, Keepmoat is able to offer a bespoke, local approach to its projects.
It is a fast-growing, PE-backed organisation that designs, finances, builds, refurbishes and regenerates places that people, both young and old, want to live in.
The company is undertaking a major business transformation to support its growth agenda, a key element of which is the people strategy which requires a new HR Operations Director to lead and drive.
Reporting directly to the Group HR Director, this role’s function is to ensure quality delivery of local people plans and execution of group initiatives/projects. To develop and grow the capability of the regional HR teams, ensuring they are well organized, collaborative and have the capabilities required to deliver against local and group needs.
- Lead and effectively manage a team of field-based HR professionals to create and implement best practice across the Keepmoat Group
- Create the optimal organisation design for the field-based HR teams, ensuring the right resources, talent and capability is in place including the planning and delivery of team/individual development
- Contribute as a key member of the HR Leadership Team, shaping the People Strategy for the business and communicating this effectively ensuring alignment and adoption across the organisation
- Develop the teams’ competencies and consultative practices that translate into strong planning and pacey delivery. Act as a broker in defining local needs and work closely with internal and external resources to procure solutions, then deploy as required
- Collaborate with Group HR, inputting to the design of solutions then ensuring the field HR community is briefed and equipped to deploy
- Collaborate with Regional Managing Directors and the local HR teams to develop and deliver tailored people plans. Deliver local, agile solutions whilst seeking to standardise ways of working where appropriate
- Lead and support the development and execution of strategies that enable Managers to plan, evaluate, develop and improve their people capabilities
- Lead the employee relations strategy for the Group, creating a positive ER climate in support of the business’ strategic objectives
- Support Head Office and national site operations teams in the delivery of HR services including employee relations, TUPE, disciplinaries and grievance, change management, resourcing, employment law and compliance
- Own HR KPI’s and use the data/insight to inform strategic planning and drive operational excellence
- Working with the HR Director/HRLT, develop and deliver the HR functional budget
About the Person
The HR Operations Director will be crucial in creating an increasingly business aligned, rigorous HR function. Keepmoat are looking to attract those candidates who can demonstrate having:
- Operated at Head of HR or Senior HR Business Partner level within a fast paced, commercially driven, multi-site/national role
- Provided HR support to operational Business units and at Group level
- Acted as a coach and motivator able to assist the professional growth of others through periods of instability and ambiguity
- Breadth of generalist expertise across the range of HR functional disciplines
- Evidenced leading a team across the UK
- Managed and influenced a range of stakeholders/customers with complex needs
- Built locally-led People Plans through to delivery
- Gained knowledge of the construction and/or regeneration sector would be desirable but not essential
- Operated in a VC owned environment would be advantageous
For more information about the HR Operations Director role please contact Lucy Bisset on email@example.com or 0161 214 7400.
All 3rd party CVs will be forwarded to Robert Walters.