Salary £24,000 - £29,000 per annum
Location Greater ManchesterFULL_TIME
Consultant Darryl Eaton
Date posted 11 November 20192019-11-20 2020-01-10 human-resources-and-personnel Greater Manchester Greater Manchester GB M1 3BN GBP 24000 29000 29000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
L&D Officer required for a well know public sector organisation based in Manchester City Centre. This role is a permanent opportunity and is paying an annual salary of up to £29,000 per annum along with an excellent benefits package.
The main purpose of this role is to provide effective assistance across both the L&D and HR teams by handling day to day service requirements and utilising your own knowledge and experience to resolve any procedural, process and service related L&D queries. Acting as the first point of contact, you will be expected to provide advice on a range of L&D policies and procedures.
Your duties will include:
- Providing the effective and efficient planning and scheduling of training courses, reviews and appraisals.
- Providing excellent administration support to to both the HR and L&D team.
- Supporting in the sourcing and procurement of training whilst also assisting with HR related tasks such as maintenance of records, payroll and recruitment.
- You will assist in the design and delivery of basic training courses and you will deliver guidance, briefings and information to employees, managers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Due to the fact that the organisation has 2 sites, you will be expected to travel to Leeds at least once per week to assist in the L&D over there.
This list is not extensive and other duties may be required to ensure that the work is carried out to an excellent standard and to set time limits.
To be successful in the role you will need to have:
- Experience of working within a busy L&D environment as an administrator or an officer. You will have a good understanding of how an L&D environment is run and have practical experience of organising training.
- You will have some experience in organising and delivering training plans for new staff members and of booking training requirements for existing staff members.
- You will have some experience in delivering basic training courses internally and be comfortable in doing so.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong problem solving/decision making skills are essential to be successful in this role.
- You will ideally have experience in general administration within a wider HR team helping with various tasks within the HR and recruitment environment.
This is a permanent opportunity and is looking for somebody to start as soon as possible. The role is paying a generous salary of up to £29,000 (DOE)and has an excellent benefits program including 27 days holiday per annum + Bank holidays, local government pension scheme, various salary sacrifice benefits including travel schemes + more. The business also offers a great flexi-time scheme and will try to accommodate flexible working requests.
If you are interested in this role, or if you know somebody who would be, please do not hesitate to apply now.