Talent & Development Director
Salary £Competitive Salary + Bonus + Car
Consultant Lucy Bisset
Date posted 25 October 2016
Keepmoat is the UK’s leading national provider of social housing refurbishment and regeneration services and a developer of low-cost, affordable housing. With 3,500 staff (800 of which are mobile) in 22 locations, Keepmoat is able to offer a bespoke, local approach to its projects.
It is a fast-growing, PE-backed organisation that designs, finances, builds, refurbishes and regenerates places that people want to live in.
The company is undertaking a major business transformation to support its growth agenda, a key element of which is the people strategy which requires a new Talent and Development Director to lead and drive.
The Talent & Development Director will take responsibility for the design and development of the Group’s resourcing, learning & development and organisational development strategies. Supporting the Group HR Director, the role will create the roadmap to attract, develop and retain talent to equip the business for growth. The role will be pivotal in shaping and embedding the future people plan for the Group including its behavioural and leadership profile.
- Lead and effectively manage a team of talent (Resourcing and L&D) specialists to create and implement best practice across the Keepmoat Group
- Work within the HR leadership team to create a robust People Strategy for Keepmoat
- Collaborate closely ensuring needs are clearly defined and activity is well planned through to the design and deployment of effective solutions
- Work with business leaders to understand the commercial environment and the drivers of success across the business so that solutions are relevant and fit for purpose
- Introduce modern and innovative ways of attracting and retaining talent, focusing on pipeline development for key positions/skills sets
- Ensure consistent provision of meaningful recruitment metrics (cost, time to hire, attrition etc.)for use by the business
- Develop and communicate the Keepmoat employer brand across the business and out into the marketplace using all relevant tools e.g. website development and utilisation of e-resourcing tools
- Own and maintain an agency/supplier network that is effective and price sensitive
- Create a fit for purpose talent management strategy that is adopted and delivers the right people with the right skills at the right time. Plan for succession, the identification of high potentials (HIPO) and the refreshing of talent.
- Working with RMD’s/Functional leaders and collaborating with local HR, take functional ownership of the HIPO community establishing strategies and solutions that retain and deploy these individuals across the business
- Collaborate with SHEQ to create the plan for our Trainee/Apprentice/Graduate communities with particular focus upon the feed into the Talent process
- Take ownership for and develop the pre-employment, on-boarding and development experiences across the company
- Ensure skills mapping and identification of training needs (management/leadership) occurs across the Company and that appropriate delivery solutions are put in place
- Define and deploy a suite of talent management tools that provide insight and a basis for learning
- Define the appropriate accreditations environment for the business e.g. IIP, that delivers against its commercial objectives
- Develop the culture/engagement strategy for the business including the appropriate data points/insights e.g. engagement survey, and ensure action plans are created to address findings
- Work with the Group HR Director and senior leaders to create the optimal organisation design
- Working with the Group HR Director/HRLT, develop and deliver the HR functional budget
About the Person
The Talent and Development Director will be a key contributor in creating an increasingly business-aligned, rigorous HR function. Keepmoat are looking to attract those candidates who can demonstrate having:
- Experience of creating and developing a Talent and Development function within a multi-site, national business
- Created solutions targeted at HIPO communities
- Success in influencing business leaders using a variety of styles. Interacting comfortably at all levels within the Organisation
- Delivered pragmatic, accessible solutions that move the people agenda forwards at pace
- Managed and influenced a range of stakeholders with complex needs
- Broad experience in resourcing, learning and development, change management and employee engagement
- Built, developed and led teams through periods of instability and ambiguity
- Operated in a VC-owned, pacey environment
- Used Psychometrics e.g. Insights, Myers Briggs
For more information about the Talent & Development Director Role contact Lucy Bisset on email@example.com or 0161 214 7400.
All 3rd party CVs will be forwarded to Robert Walters.