Employee Relations Specialist
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Natasha Tingley
Date posted 28 November 20192019-12-09 2020-01-27 human-resources-and-personnel Hatfield Hertfordshire GB GBP 40000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters are partnering with a FTSE listed business in Hertfordshire for the recruitment of an Employee relations specialist to join a business circa of 5,000 UK employees.
The Duties will include
• Employee Relations situations including Disciplinary, Grievances, Appeals, Redundancy and consultation processes.
• Case management is an important part of the role and you’ll already have lots of experience in managing complex disciplinary, grievance and performance/ill-health capability situations.
• You’ll support and guide Line Managers on decisions up to and including dismissal – providing advice on best practice and contemporary employment law challenges
• You’ll confidently support various consultation processes such as changes to terms and conditions and Redundancy and as part of these you could be having to actively work to successfully redeploy employees.
• Keeping our Managers up to date is important to us so you’ll deliver regular updates at management meetings, host our 2-day Management Induction programme and run ad hoc learning events across the business.
• You will have up to date employment legislation knowledge will allow you to pro-actively make changes to our existing policies and processes and you’ll also use this knowledge to educate our managers through training, workshops and updates. This includes being a Subject Matter Expert in a chosen area where you are the go-to person for queries in this area
• You’ll be responsible for the relationship with your aligned Trade Union and you’ll support them with regular reviews, negotiations and business updates that affect your Union group.
Must have Experience
• CIPD qualified or working towards your CIPD qualification
• Strong HR generalist background gained in a large organisation
• Excellent up to date knowledge of employment legislation and the application of this
• Experience in making sound, risk assessed decisions for exit strategies
• Expertise in all aspects of absence management
• Ability to respond and manage a busy and diverse workload
• Good communication skills both verbal and written and a confident presentation style
• Passion to work as part of team with a flexible approach to work Initiative to work independently while using judgement to know when to ask for support
• An understanding of working with Unions would be useful along with an awareness of TUPE