Salary £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Location Greater ManchesterFULL_TIME
Consultant Darryl Eaton
Date posted 29 October 20192019-10-29 2019-12-28 human-resources-and-personnel Greater Manchester Greater Manchester GB M50 2UE GBP 30000 35000 35000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Employee Relations specialist required for a large business based in Salford Quays. This is a permanent opportunity and is offering a salary of up to £35,000 per annum + great benefits. The business is looking to recruit this role asap however they can wait for the right person.
The main responsibility of this role is to provide effective and timely Employee Relations advice to the wider business as well as leading the employee relations team. You will be responsible for providing commercial and complex advice to support line managers and stakeholders on complex ER issues. Your duties will include but are not limited too:
- Providing practical and effective advice and guidance to line managers on how to manage complicated and serious ER issues. This could include advising up to and including dismissal.
- Providing TUPE, redundancy and restructure support ensuring that all projects and activity are delivered within the agreed timescales.
- You will directly line manage a team of 3 and you will be responsible of coaching and support this team within their roles to ensure that a high quality service is provided at all times. This can also include completing direct report performance reviews and 1:1's to ensure an effective workforce as well as assisting with a supporting the recruitment of new team members.
- You will work collaboratively with the legal team to resolve complex ER cases.
To be successful within this role you will have the following:
- Extensive experience in a HR/ER role with a large focus on managing Employee Relations cases and have experience in delivering complex advice on various issues.
- The ability to provide advice on various different issues and for various different sites simultaneously.
- Have a pro active approach to ER and the ability to take ownership of any ER issues that may arise.
- Strong working knowledge of current employment legislation in essential for this role.
- You should have experience in dealing with restructures and redundancies and a knowledge of TUPE would be advantageous however not essential.
- Ideally you will have worked within a shared service environment or a busy HR department previously.
- Previous line management would be advantageous as would a CIPD qualification.
The client is looking to recruit this role ASAP however is willing to wait for the notice period for the right person so do not delay. If this is something that you are interested in or if you know somebody that would be, please apply now as the role will not be around for very long.