HR Business Partner
Salary £40,000 - £50,000 per annum + Pension, Life Assurance
Consultant Alex Wright
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Law Firm are looking to attract a HR Business Partner in to the Firm for a period of 12 months to cover a period of maternity. Salary up to £50k plus benefits. Role based in Manchester.
Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Business Partner, you will provide generalist HR advice across the locations you support. You will also be responsible for firm wide project work and other HR activity or Senior Office Partner relationship where appropriate.
- Supporting the Senior HR team in the definition and delivery of HR strategy within the client group
- Acting as a business partner to Managers and Partners
- Delivering performance management, budgeting, workforce planning, project and change management
- Challenging existing HR ways of working to ensure maximum efficiency across all day to day activities
- Supporting the business in driving and managing change (to leaders, role structures, new ways of working, use of new skills etc.) effectively
- Coaching partners and managers and being their trusted advisors, not just on people issues but on business decisions and direction
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements, through HR data analysis
- Influencing reward decisions effectively within the practice group
- Co-ordinating the salary review & bonus allocation process for the relevant teams
- Supporting both outbound and inbound international assignees and the relevant processes associated with international mobility, including package negotiation and arranging sponsors, performance management and repatriation
- Championing the learning agenda within teams, and ensuring participation in the relevant programmes for individuals depending on their performance and potential
- Delivering training sessions to line managers on all relevant aspects of the HR annual cycle, i.e. PDR for reviewees and reviewers. Delivering the fortnight induction for new joiners
- Ownership of trainees during their seats in the practice groups, and inclusion in talent planning activities
We are looking for a HR Business Partner in possession of a large amount of experience in a generalist advisory role. Ideally from professional services, but primarily experienced in working in a large and complex international organisation.
You will have a good understanding and practical experience of complex ER and L&D delivery with the ability to contribute to the wider business and HR agenda.
Your experience will include exposure to organisational development and change management. You will have a track record of coaching, motivating and influencing at management level using a pragmatic and data based approach.
You will have well developed diplomacy, listening and influencing skills. You will demonstrate a range of influencing skills, personal impact and communication skills that will ensure success and command instant credibility at all levels of the Firm.
An ability to start at shorter notice and commit to the 12 month contract is essential.
About the Company:
A Leading Global Law Firm with offices in Manchester.