Group Finance Director
Consultant Rob Griffin
Date posted 20 March 20192019-04-04 2019-05-19 fashion Manchester Greater Manchester GB M41 7RR GBP 100000 175000 175000 YEAR Regatta
An ambitious, fast growing, international success story, The Regatta Group is looking for a highly strategic, commercially savvy Group Finance Director. The Group is proudly family owned and plans to remain in private ownership for the foreseeable future. This gives the financially robust Group the ability to be highly entrepreneurial and agile.
Regatta is the number one provider of outdoor clothing and accessories in the UK, and is expanding its presence across Europe, USA and Asia markets. With superb brands; Regatta, Craghoppers and Dare2b the Group has strong growth plans, aiming to move from £280m to £500m turnover within the next few years.
Reporting to the COO, the Group Finance Director will play a key role in advising the CEO and fellow board members on the Group’s financial strategy as well as shaping the International Finance function to support the Group’s ambitions.
This is a superb opportunity for a highly astute financial expert, with International Finance Director level experience, to join a growing and evolving business expanding across the globe. With strong values based on great relationships, an entrepreneurial spirit and deeply embedded corporate and social responsibility, the Regatta Group is an award-winning business and a great place to work.
Could this be the next step in your career?
Our ideal candidate for this key role will be highly qualified with a well-respected degree and a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
We are looking for someone who has broad financial leadership experience, covering full range of international finance disciplines, and can evidence strong results at Director level. A seasoned leader, the Group Finance Director will be a high calibre professional with broad commercial experience, capable of taking on a leading role in a demanding, results-focused business.
Relevant experience required
- Must have an excellent understanding of UK and European regulatory requirements, tax, accounting and legislative.
- Strong systems skills, with experience of an ERP implementation desirable
- Proven track record of successfully, building, leading and motivating a mixed ability team
- A background in a retail, wholesale and distribution business would be an advantage
Additional skills required
- Highly skilled in setting and driving the financial strategy and translating the operational activity into financial impact
- Able to handle multiple priorities and critical decision making within tight time constraints
- Ability and keen interest in challenging senior stakeholders and the status quo whilst maintaining strong working relationships
- First class communication and presentational skills, with the ability to build relationships across the group
- Team player who works collaboratively and in the best interests of the Group at all times.
For more information on this opportunity please contact our Head of Research – Robert Griffin at Robert.Griffin@robertwalters.com or call 0161 214 7400 for a confidential discussion.
All 3rd party CVs will be forwarded to our retained search consultant – Marcus Blackburn at Robert Walters Executive Search