What it's like to work for Birmingham Airport
Our commitment to you
Whilst the Company’s focus is towards providing excellent customer service, we recognise that it is our staff who lead the way. We strive towards the continuous development of our employees, in order that we maximise the Company’s potential. We recognise that by having a skilled and motivated workforce we will achieve our overall strategy and objectives.
Training and development
The Company is committed to encouraging training and development of all employees to help achieve business objectives. As a result we regularly review each individual’s training and development needs and create individually tailored flight path(s) as part of a review process to support staff in their development.
We aim to provide an environment in which we will enable our employees to develop the knowledge and skills required to meet the needs of our customers. Through them and our partners, we are committed to delivering great customer service.
All new employees complete a comprehensive induction programme, including the opportunity to undertake a recognised Health & Safety qualification in conjunction with the British Safety Council. The induction provides an insight into our Company values and to help new employees to gain a better understanding of how their role fits into the business.
Why work for us
As an employer, the Airport Company provides a range of rewards and benefits for people who are successfully recruited to join the Airport Team in recognition of contribution to the success of the business.
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to invest in our Employee Share Ownership Scheme
- A Group Personal Pension Plan to which the employer makes a contribution
- Generous holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays (or equivalent hours for shift staff)
- Concessionary on-site parking
- Child care vouchers scheme
- A discretionary bonus linked to Company performance
- Discounted travel (up to 25%) available on bus and train tickets through the Travelwise Scheme
- Discounts on a variety of retail and catering outlets within the Airport
- Exclusive discounted travel/holiday offers
- A variety of additional lifestyle benefits
The Airport takes a proactive stance on employee well-being offering health referral services including the likes of Occupational Health and counselling services amongst others.
We believe that these benefits help us to provide our employees with a supportive and progressive employment environment.