There are many tools available to help you find the perfect job and showcase your professional achievements - but which ones are best for you and what are the best ways to use them?
“When hunting for a new job, using all available sources can help target your job search to find the roles that are just right for you," said Natasha Brookes, Head of Technology at Robert Walters.
"As the technology sector becomes more competitive, it is important that technology professionals not only use technology in their day to day working role but also as a tool to access available jobs quicker.”
Each of these forms of technology, platforms and online tools can help enhance your technology job search.
- Keep your profile up-to-date with relevant work experience in place across all platforms
- Broaden your network by searching and connecting with others
- Place a few supporting recommendations
- IT social media platforms are changing all the time - are you active on the technology social media sites relevant to your work, such as GitHub, Stack Overflow and Meetup, Twitter and Google+
- Download recruitment job apps to search and apply on the go
- Edit your CV so it is readable on mobile devices
- Download the Robert Walters Job Search App
- Check your worth and what you should be earning with the Robert Walters Salary Checker App
- Personalise email messages when reaching out to recruiters and companies
- Attach your digital CV, cover letter and work examples
- Use programs and applications available to tweak your CV based on the job and industry
- Ensure you CV is formatted in the most approrioate manner (creative industries may prefer a different format to other sectors)
- Store and access files while you are on the go
- Share specific examples of your work when requested by recruiters and employers
As the technology sector becomes more competitive, it is important that technology professionals not only use technology in their day to day working role but also as a tool to access available jobs quicker. Using all the tools available to you will help you find the best roles, demonstrate your expertise and why you are right for the role, as well as help recruiters and employers proactively find you.
Take the first step toward your next technology opportunity by accessing our job search page.
Or, find out what you're worth with the Robert Walters Salary Survey.