The number of supply chain jobs has grown by 26% during the second quarter, according to the latest UK Jobs Index.
London experienced the highest growth with vacancies up 30% compared to this time last year. Demand for procurement specialists has also increased year-on-year with the number of vacancies 6% higher in the second quarter of the year.
As employers look to expand amid high confidence in the wake of the election, demand for supply chain and procurement professionals has grown.
Maximising cost efficiencies are a high priority for businesses and professionals with the relevant skills and experience are able to take advantage of the positive current climate to secure permanent roles.
As employers look to expand, demand for supply chain and procurement professionals has grown.
- Many businesses are recruiting professionals with demand planning experience as there is a need to work closer with customers.
- While contract positions are still available, sustained growth has convinced employers look towards recruiting permanent staff to accommodate the expansion.
- Sectors experiencing high growth include automotive, chemicals and pharmaceuticals as their need to understand commercial trends increase.
- The positive job market has led to smaller firms becoming confident enough to invest in hiring new talent.
- The continued emergence of new procurement consultancies are keen to expand their teams due to an increase in projects.
We expect the job market to continue to be buoyant as the need to bring good supply chain professionals into businesses remains high. - Neil Morgan, Manager at Robert WaltersAbout the UK Job Index
The Robert Walters UK Job Index tracks job advertisement volumes over leading job boards across the UK in sectors such as banking and finance, risk, compliance, marketing, IT, legal, tax, sales, secretarial and support, HR and procurement and supply chain.
Released on a quarterly basis, the report provides an indicative summary of recruitment activity being experienced across major national markets as well as key industry comparisons.
Find out what you're worth with the Robert Walters Salary Survey
Or, view the latest supply chain and procurement opportunities via our job search page.