Valuations Control Manager
Salary £55,000 - £70,000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Craig Barrett
Date posted 22 October 2018 2018-10-222018-12-21 banking UK
One of the leading financial institutions in the UK, reporting strong financial results recently, is actively seeking an accomplished financial markets professional coming from Product Control or Valuations to provide valuations oversight for illiquid assets and liquid derivatives.
This opportunity will provide the successful Product Control or Valuations applicant with regular exposure to Front Office, Accounting and Model methodology along with a wide range of stakeholders across Investment Desks, Risk and Change. The bank offers a very positive working culture including great work/life balance benefits.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analysis and decomposition of valuation drivers
- Review and challenge of pricing sources and assumptions
- Review and challenge of valuation methodologies
- Act as subject matter expert within new product, new business and process improvement projects
The ideal candidate will be able to articulate trade lifecycle concepts, have a demonstrable understanding of derivative products and be able to influence internal and external stakeholders.
Key skills required:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or CFA Studier preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of asset and derivative valuations from an Independent Valuation, Valuation Control, Product Control or Consultancy background
- Track record of understanding and critiquing complex calculations
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across varied teams in multiple locations
If interested, please apply online or email your CV to email@example.com