Salary £60000 - £70000 per annum + Competitive
Consultant Charlie Paddock
Date posted 28 November 2016
An exciting and challenging opportunity for a high calibre individual has arisen within a leading Investment Bank in their London office. The role within the IPV and PC team, is working in the constantly evolving world of CVA derivative valuation and reporting focused on independent valuation of the valuation adjustments and hedges undertaken by the business, while also having the opportunity to get involved in P&L reporting.
- Undertake daily / weekly P&L production, reconciliations, risk attribution and explain, market based commentary, signoffs, issue resolution and escalation
- Undertake the month end close processes associated with correctly reporting and independently validating the bank’s balance sheet in a timely manner, including but not limited to reserves / adjustments review and analysis, in-depth P&L commentary tied to market / product / coverage context, independent valuation / pricing of products and balance sheet reconciliation and commentary etc.
- Lead, develop and implement processes to deliver continuous improvements and efficiency in the CVA reporting infrastructure - CRE / Viper
- Review, evaluate and escalate or mitigate potential risks and issues before they come to fruition
- Actively assist and motivate colleagues to assist in the creation of a high performing and engaged team to achieve objectives and deliver above expectations
- Actively work with colleagues to ensure accurate output, timely deliverables, assist on ad hoc queries and escalation to appropriate management for issue resolution where required
- Represent Product Control for the asset class across all related stakeholders, including but not limited to the Desk, Sales, Risk, Operations, Business Partners, Financial Control, Model Validation etc.
- Develop and maintain regular contact and strong working relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Provide insightful information, guidance and advice to influence and aid stakeholder decisions
Skills and Experience
- Experienced product and market specialist with commercial awareness, able to demonstrate an understanding of the products (and related market / credit risks), industry / economic developments and changing regulatory environment in xVA and underlying derivatives to be credible to stakeholders and provide support and training to team
- Good accounting background / experience gained in a trading environment able to illustrate how financial instruments are represented on the balance sheet and income statement under IFRS standards
- Good working knowledge of front to back product control processes in an investment bank, particularly around CVA & FVA calculation and systems - CRE / Viper
- Professional and energetic individual with the ability to build relationships and communicate effectively at all levels coupled with a proactive and supportive attitude
- Evidence of providing support to junior colleagues and contributing positively towards a strong positive team culture
- Ability to multi-task, exhibit flexibility and prioritise effectively to meet tight deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to lead and implement change
- Strong demonstrable interest in financial markets and products
If you wish to apply for this role please email your CV to Charlie.firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 02075098333 to discuss the vacancy further.