AVP Valuations - Rates
Salary £60000 - £65000 per annum
Consultant Richard Johnson
Date posted 25 November 2016
A Global Investment Bank with an impeccable reputation in London, is searching for an experienced Rates Valuations professional to produce and report monthly mark review, ensuring positions are marked correctly in the firm’s books. Where positions are illiquid, you will work closely with the Model Risk quantitative team within to develop innovative valuation techniques.
AVP Valuations – Rates responsibilities include:
- Production of monthly mark Prudent Valuation Capital Charge
- Gaining a full understanding of products traded by the desk and their marking/valuation adjustment methodologies
- Performing documented reviews of modelling and parameter mark review methodologies of significant new transactions for presentation to management
- Daily contact with Product Control, particularly during the month end mark review process
- Interaction with Business Unit during the monthly mark review process
- Project work as required on new systems and functionality enhancements
- Working with senior managers to improve efficiency by challenging processes and procedures
Key skills required:
- Experience gained working with Valuations or Product Control covering rates (exotics preferable)
- Analytical / Quantitative skills with ability to challenge valuation methodologies proposed by
- the Business Unit
- Highly numerate, prepared to be able to manage the product technical complexity of this area.
- Derivatives knowledge/experience highly beneficial
- Proven ability to influence and persuade cross functional stakeholders. It is important to interact successfully with the broader control function and business unit
This renowned banking institution has an extensive Global footprint. They pride themselves on their values, focused on providing a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.
Apply today or call me on 02075098333 to find out more.