Senior Operational Risk Manager
Salary £80,000 - £95,000 per annum
Consultant Sam Gee
Date posted 04 December 20192019-12-04 2020-02-02 banking London London GB GBP 80000 95000 95000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Operational Risk Manager with Investment Management experience to join a leading Investment Manager in the City.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the international asset management industry including investor types, distributional channels, the competitor landscape and an excellent technical knowledge of operational risk management, risk frameworks, non-financial risk events, metrics and systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to fully participate and successfully influence where senior stakeholders are present and to write detailed, clear and well received reports for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to articulate and convey theoretical concepts such as risk appetite to both Board Director and mixed team audiences in a clear and compelling manner.
- Proven track record of successful engagement, relationship development and partnership with business stakeholders.
- Ability to remain independent and to demonstrate that independence whilst also listening to business stakeholder challenges, providing commercial, practical and value-add solutions for the business, influencing outcomes positively for all stakeholders.
- Must be delivery focused, possessing high levels of resilience and determination.
- Broad experience in operational risk management roles, preferably within the asset management/financial services industry
- Demonstrable track record of successful independent operational oversight within global second line multiple team environments.