Operational Risk Testing Consultant
Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Sam Gee
Date posted 23 September 20192019-09-23 2019-11-22 banking London London GB GBP 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A fantastic opportunity has come up with a leading International Bank based in London. My client is looking for an Operational Risk Testing and Validation expert to join on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will have proven Operational Risk testing or other related experience within an Internal/External Audit or other relevant testing function.
- Engage with key stakeholders within relevant lines of business and Operational Risk team members to effectively plan testing activity, coordinating this with the relevant Engagement Lead or lead the engagement for small and non-complex engagements.
- Plan and perform Operational risk testing activities that independently evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of critical end-to-end processes and controls relevant to the businesses based on defined testing plan and methodology.
- Keep all stakeholders apprised of review progress through formal updates throughout the engagement and on the potential issues so that there are no ‘surprises’ for lines of business.
- Plan and perform issues and corrective actions validation activities that independently evaluate the adequacy, comprehensiveness and effectiveness of corrective actions taken to remediate issues based on defined methodology.
- Identify and raise gaps, issues and recommendations for control enhancements and formally agree associated action plans in consultation with the relevant senior management.
- Formally document testing activity within the working papers in accordance with the methodology.
- Support writing reports and presentations that clearly articulate the results/conclusions of testing activities.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other key T&V points of contact within Corporate Risk, Wholesale and WIM to ensure consistency of T&V programs, policies and procedures.
- Maintain understanding of the Regulatory Compliance Risk Management, Operational Risk Framework, and T&V Standards and the interconnectivity of its key components.
- Maintain understanding of business operations and regulatory guidance / expectations.
- Experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or
- A combination of both above in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Proven operational risk testing or other related experience within an internal/external audit or other relevant testing function at global financial institutions.
- Good knowledge of front to back activities and key processes pertaining to wholesale banking or capital markets or wealth & investment management or corporate staff group businesses.
- Excellent organization skills, prioritization, and time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines despite competing priorities.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Strong leadership, relationship building and collaboration skills and ability to operate in a team-oriented culture.
- BS/BA or equivalent Degree or higher in business or a related field.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Relevant or working toward Audit related certification (such as ACA, ACCA, CIA or similar).