£35,000 - £45,000 per annum
15 August 2019
An excellent opportunity is available with a most respected Financial Services business based in Wolverhampton for an Operational Risk Manager to oversee, support and challenge the firm’s risk management of Information Technology risk, providing detailed insight on the risk profile, control environment and threat landscape.
- To work closely with the Head of Operational Risk to ensure that II risks are identified, understood and recorded appropriately across the business.
- Assisting with risk assessments, risk management and treatment options.
- To support the Head of Operational Risk with the design of a Risk monitoring approach and to conduct ongoing reviews where required
- Second Line Technical reviews, testing and challenge of controls to identify where improvements can be made (Risks and Controls Self-Assessment).With particular focus on Operational Resilience, Disaster Recovery, Third Party Risks and IT First Line risk management.
- Ensure that appropriate Policies and processes are in place and embedded.
- To ensure IS and Cyber-crime is managed within the agreed risk tolerances.
- Maintain a future-orientated approach to identifying risks, assessing potential threats and providing threat intelligence reports to mitigate emerging risks, conducting further risk assessments and analysis where required.
- Provide specialist support on any projects or changes providing advice where required.
- Review, monitor and challenge IS Risk Events which could affect the overall control environment, highlighting issues and agreeing SMART actions using Root Cause Analysis methods where necessary.
The Operational Risk Manager will possess experience of having worked within an Operational Risk role with some exposure to working with IT or IS risk within a financial services environment. You will possess some experience of having led or mentored a small team.
This is an excellent opportunity in The Midlands region, please apply now or for further information contact Kayte Short at Robert Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org