Manager / Senior Manager - Operational Risk Oversight
Salary £50,000 - £70,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Consultant Simon Hockridge
Date posted 14 February 2019 2019-02-142019-04-15 financial-services Bristol Bristol GB GBP 50000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Seeking a Manager and Senior Manager to join an Operational Risk Oversight team in the 2nd line of defence to lead the oversight on areas critical to the businesses success; primarily the delivery of projects and management of 3rd parties. This is a high profile and varied role where you will directly engage with, and influence, a wide variety of stakeholders across the entirety of the organisation.
This role would be well suited to individuals that are already Project / Program and/or Sourcing Risk professionals, or existing Project or Programme managers with a curious and challenging mindset who would like to broaden their experience into a risk role.
- Operates with significant impact and influence, managing a range of senior stakeholders from within the project and procurement communities, Risk, and the wider business.
- Sets the direction and scope for team through prioritisation of the change portfolio and supplier base, horizon risk assessments, and pre-empting business strategy.
- Manages the delivery independent project oversight reviews to provide opinion on the risks associated with the delivery of projects on time, to budget, and to scope.
- Assessment of project delivery methodology, both waterfall and agile, to ensure effective control frameworks exist, are designed and operate effectively.
- Assessment of procurement policies and processes to ensure effective vendor selection, on-boarding, and management.
- Review the organisations management of key 3rd Party suppliers to assess the adequacy of operations, risk management, and SYSC8 Compliance.
- Provides oversight on other Operational Risk areas as required by business need to support the Operational Risk Oversight management team.
- Provides technical support and assistance to the business using own judgement in risk analysis and management, escalating more complex queries as required.
- Investigates industry best practice and advises senior colleagues of possible implications for risk management, sourcing, and project management processes.
- Manages and motivates a small high performing team, developing colleagues through stretching objectives, feedback and coaching, contributing to their development and providing ongoing support.
- Deputises for the Head of Operational Risk Oversight as required
- Strong influencing and communication skills (both oral and written) with the confidence to engage with senior management and maintain good working relationships.
- Experience of operating successfully within a large complex organisation and a detailed understanding and experience of project delivery and 3rd parties.
Recognised qualifications or membership, such as (Prince2, Agile, CIPS, PMI, APM, IRM) would be a distinct advantage.
Experience in Financial Services is desirable, but not essential, as you will be expected to learn quickly to add value to both 1st and 2nd line.