Risk Analyst (financial services) - East Yorkshire
Salary £27,000 - £30,000 per annum
Location East Riding of YorkshireFULL_TIME
Consultant Richard Ryan
Date posted 09 January 2019 2019-01-092019-03-10 banking East Riding of Yorkshire East Riding of Yorkshire Market Place GB HU17 8AA GBP 27000 30000 30000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A leading financial services organisation is currently seeking a Risk Analyst to join its operations in East Yorkshire. Working alongside the Risk Director, the purpose of the role will be to ensure a robust risk assurance framework is in place whilst identifying and evaluating emerging risks.
Key duties include:
- Supporting the Risk Director in ensuring a robust, Risk Assurance framework is in place.
- Conducting regular risk implementation checks to an agreed plan.
- Carrying out thematic assessments to evaluate the adequacy of risk management frameworks’ design and the effectiveness of implementation, making proportionate recommendations for action.
- Regularly refreshing and updating the company's Risk Register.
- Maintaining and managing the implementation of the company's incident reporting arrangements.
- Identifying and evaluating emerging risks to operations and delivery of the strategic plan.
- Formally reporting on the outcome of monitoring activities to the senior management team and the Board Risk Committee.
- Advising on and supporting 1st line of defence risk management activities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven track record in a financial services risk role working within frameworks (in either a first, second or third line of defence role).
- Detailed knowledge and experience in one or more of the following risk areas: credit, operational, outsourcing, conduct, financial crime, data protection.
- Ability to research a topic, gather information and critically evaluate.
- Attention to detail, ability to deal with ambiguity and make reasoned judgements.
- IT literate.
- Professional ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Communication skills, verbal and written, to communicate effectively across the business including the Board.
This is an fantastic opportunity to join a leading financial services organisation with excellent long term career prospects. Please reply with an updated copy of your CV as applications for this vacancy will close shortly.