Operational Risk Manager
Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Kayte Short
Date posted 07 December 2018 2018-12-072019-02-05 financial-services UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An excellent opportunity is available with a most respected Financial Services business based in Solihull for an Operational Risk Manager to manage and facilitate the delivery of the Operational Risk Management framework with supporting policies and standards.
The Operational Risk Manager will support the Senior Operational Risk Manager in developing strong working relationships with the business areas and functions supported.
- Provide challenge and guidance to ensure strategic decision making is risk aware
- Partner with the business in producing and updating Risk & Control Self Assessments, helping identify material risks and assessing control effectiveness
- Complete thematic risk based reviews for Senior Management on specific processes or functions, and working with the business to develop and enhance the overall control environment.
- Assist in the provision of training to aid the identification, assessment, management and recording of risks at all levels of the organisation.
- Act as a source of technical expertise on risk matters for others within the organisation
- Lead projects for the department to enhance and further embed the Operational Risk Framework
- Ensure annual reviews are undertaken on all policies/standards and owners are reviewing compliance with these policies/standards.
- Monitoring the Governance framework and developing this to meet future standards
The Operational Risk Manager will have a background in operational risk, ideally in a Financial Services environment, and experience in Corporate Governance, policy management would be very beneficial. You will have the ability to use a wide range of analytical tools as well as project planning techniques and have advanced MS Office skills, ability to design, build and maintain Excel reports and deliver PowerPoint presentations for senior audiences and be able to communicate confidently with Senior Management.
This is an excellent opportunity with growth potential and progression within an expanding Operational Risk team. Please apply now or for further information contact Kayte Short at firstname.lastname@example.org